Saturday, March 14, 2009

Back to Ankara

Hi everybody,

I want to share some news with you about my life if you are interested. I quitted my job at Metu College in Manisa at the end of the first semester. If you wanna ask why, I can basicly say that the conditions were different from the Metu College in Ankara, as the former does not belong to Metu, but only gets consultancy. Whatever, I wanted to work for state schools and was appointed to Evren, one of the districts of Ankara, in February. It is a really small district of Ankara near Şereflikoçhisar and it is too far from Ankara; however it is a lively place with the Hirfanlı Barajı around. It was my third preference and it is one of the compulsory service areas.

I am happy to be here, doing my compulsory servise in Ankara near a barrage, though it is so far from the city. Of course, I cannot compare my new school to the college I worked for the last semester in any respect, esspecially in terms of students' English level, but I believe I will do whatever I can for them as I am the only English teacher at the school. I live in the district and trying to get used to the life here. I will be in Ankara for the most of the weekends, so if you are around and wanna see me, we can meet and drink sth. For now, see you...

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

i luv ur blog :) im a prospective teacher so it's very enjoyable to read ur school experiences here...i hope to read more bout'em

thanks =)

Nese Genc said...

thanks a lot, i didnt know that there is anybody reading our blogs, i am so glad to hear that:)

if you say what do you want to read more about our school experiences, i would be more helpful... and have your opinions on the matter, as well.

DERYA said...

nice to sb reads our blogs :D
dear Neşe. I am happy for you. congrats.
I think it is better for u now. ecasue you now it is more stresful to work for a college.
good luck

Nese Genc said...

it is definetelly so Derya, i am better now. thanks a lot..lots of kisses see you.

Anonymous said...

bir konuda fikir danışacaktım ama buraya sıkılıkla girmiyorsunuz galiba :(

Nese Genc said...

No actually I regulary check my blog. If I can, I would be happy to help on anything.

Anonymous said...

im assigned to make a deductive lesson plan about third condtional.In deductive we directly give the form and then the meaning.However,teacher said that I should create a context before teaching it.I donna how it will be possible to shift from context to form.

ı want to ask u this

Nese Genc said...

First of all, in deductive teaching you don't have to give the meaning after form as far as I know. The difference between deductive and inductive teaching is that; with the former, you present the concept, idea or the structure (in our case) and then give examples to make it clear and proof it. In inductive teaching you expose your learners with lots of examples first and then want them to induce the structure themselves from the examples. In each teaching method also, it is advised that you should give the meaning before form.

What I am trying to say is that you don't have to give the form first in deductive teaching, you only have to present the structure before examples without waiting your learners come up with the form or the rules themselves.

When it comes to third conditional, you can create a context by telling your Sts to imagine a different past in their lives such as regrets but do not let them speak yet. Next present the form, the sentence structure. Lastly present your exapmles such as "If I had studied harder, I would have passed my exam." and let your students tell theirs using the structure you gave.

I do not know whether I have helped or not but I hope you can manage your assignment.

Anonymous said...

thank you so much..it helped a lot

mehmet said...

hi nese ı noticed that we're sharing the same fortune. ı was in a college during the first semester and in march i was assigned to a state school. conditions are really different. but it s nice to be able to experience both in a year as a teacher...:)

Nese Genc said...

hi Mehmet,
our conditions are really the same as far as you wrote. It is certainly lucky of us both to experience both insitute in a year as you said and to be able to be assigned in the middle of the year. So, where have you been? Were you in Ankara last term? I hope your life is great. See you..