Monday, May 5, 2008

A Game for the Comparison of Simple Present and Present Continuous Tense

Hi,
I have taught a lesson last week and my topic was the comparison of Simple Present and Present Continuous Tense. If you have read the comments on my post "some help" you may know that Sibel hocam liked the game I included in my lesson plan and wanted me to post it. Actually, I have changed a game that I found on the Internet to include both of these tenses.
The picture is the game board I stuck on the board. I divided the class into two parts and chose a student from one of the groups. The student chosen came to the board, rolled the dice and forwarded on the game board according to the dice. Once s/he came on one of the pictures, s/he tried to guess what is being done in the picture using Present Continuous Tense. When s/he could say it correctly, s/he asked a question related to everyday life to one of his/her group members. For example, s/he first said “She is dancing.” and asked one of the friends “Do you like dancing?” When s/he could do all of these correctly, s/he chose one of his/her group members to continue to give change to every student in the group. If s/he could not form a sentence and a question, the other group took turn.
The students liked the game very much and they were so motivated to take part. They asked so many varied questions that I could not guess earlier. One of them for example asked "Where do we usually wash the dishes?" for the first picture :)

2 comments:

zeliha said...

i was there and i really liked the activity Neşe, it was good work:)
Zelish...

Emel Karakuş said...

unfortunately ı could not be there in your lesson neşecim,but as far as ı got from what you wrote ı can say that it is really nice and ı believe all the students liked it.
then, there is one more thing to tell and it is good luck for us in our assessed teaching on tuesday:))